Please excuse the overhyped headline, however, its all true. Today will be a profile raising day for Twitter as a potential marketing tool.
OK, here’s the favor. It’s a big one. For big hearts. Please help. http://is.gd/e Kbo Please retweet.
By roughly 10pm (Australia time) (right now) the cash was still rolling in, up to $10,108!
But here’s the bad news, David Armano is a very well followed Twitter and highly respected blogger – no 30 second money making scheme here
What is does show is that Twitter, if used correctly, can be an effective marketing tool. By no means is it the $1m+/day sales that major brands need, but it can deliver outcomes.
So why did it work? Well, again, sorry to say its not a magic pill, its an approach. David Armano has been creating a credible reputation & relationships by creating quality meaningful content for a long time.
So how do you create credible reputation & relationships?
It’s a pretty simple recipe:
1 cup of good quality & relevant content
1/2 cup a day of responding to individuals
40 cups of treat people as you’d like to be treated
5 cups of observation of your community
15 cups of be in it for the long term
Have a read of what some other’s thought of this campaign
- Laureal Papworth, Social Fundraising
- Scott Drummond, How’s your relationship balance sheet
- Or the man himself, David Armano’s thankyou video
UPDATE: Some more links on this topic (thanks to Scott)
- David Armano makes Social Networks Count, AdFreak.com post by Brian Morrissey
- The Collective Power of Individuals, BusinessWeek article by Helen Walters
- Digital Neighbourhood Comes to the Aid of Abused Woman, a blog post by AdRants